I was tagged by Eric over at The Heart of the Pastor to share 10 random things about myself. Without further adieu here it goes:
1) I have the ability to play seven different instruments: Tuba, guitar, piano, harmonica, trombone, trumpet, and euphonium. I currently maintain proficiency on my guitar.
2) I once drove from my college In Iowa (Luther College) to my parents house in Vermont only stopping for gas, food and three 30 min “naps.” I think it took me between 24-26 hours
3) I am currently typing this from a Mac powerbook G4 and I love it. I will never buy another PC again. Once you go Mac you never go back.
4) I am Caffeine Sensitive – I usually tell people that I am “allergic” to caffeine because it makes more sense. Basically if I have any sort of caffeine my digestive system goes out of whack, my stomach makes noises and I feel sick. (yes even chocolate)
5) I have never been a good student but in seminary I currently maintain a B to B+ average and that’s the best in my entire academic career.
6) I started working when I was 10 years old as a paperboy for the Rutland Herald. I have maintained at least part time employment since then even through college and seminary.
7) One good friend convinced me that every man needs a drink they can have in a martini glass. My favorite is a Sidecar.
8 ) I am an Eagle Scout and I went to the National Scouting Jamboree at Fort AP Hill VA in 1993.
9) I love football – instead of playing football in college I chose music. My senior year of high school my football coach told me I had the skill to be the best defensive lineman in the state of Vermont. My problem was that I was not “dedicated” (Instead I spent my summers at a Church Camp and I was in the band and other activities)
10) I love everything that has to do with The Simpsons and I have to admit my son loves them too. Daily we catch an episode before dinner.