I am loving the new Get Noticed Theme by Michael Hyatt. If you want a really great theme to go with your blog check it out!
Augsburg Fortress is moving! Check out the blog post by Beth Lewis
I had a great weekend in Baldwinsville for a lovely couple. Weddings amaze me and always make me happy!
Is your church missing the secret sauce? Check out this blog post and see.
Have you ever had a lull in your life? You know a time where you just feel like it takes every bit of energy just to make it through the day? I have had a few of those days lately. But more than anything else I have had a creative lull. I would consider myself an artist of some kind. Over the years I have written music, I have spent time drawing, painting, and using other forms of creative expression. The last several years my main form of creative expression has been spent blogging and writing sermons.
However, lately I have had a hard time with any form of creativeness. I have not been blogging, I have had a hard time starting my sermons each week.
What do you do when this happens?
I started thinking over the summer that I was just too busy, between lots going on at the church, and at home I thought was looking forward to getting back in a rhythm this fall. But it seems like the craziness has not stopped — it just looks different.
This summer was filled with Camps, Mission Trips, Youth Gatherings, Vacation Bible School, Family Vacation as well as the day-to-day life “Stuff.” This fall has been constant with change, getting back to school, after school activities. My emotions have been running high and low. Oh and we moved again this past June.
Continue Reading »
I have been quiet on the interwebs lately because I am working on a complete digital facelift. I am working my way through all of the ways I am connected on the internet, from Facebook to Twitter, from Linkedin to Google+, from email to my Google voice account to make sure that my presence is what I would like it to be and that I am utilizing the services in an appropriate way.
One of the reasons that I am doing this is I am trying to create a homebase for all my online activities. I read through Michael Hyatt’s book Platform and it really spoke to me. I realized that I really don’t have a platform, I really don’t have control over my online presence and I need to take control of that before someone else does.
As much as I have enjoyed my blog Lutheran Grilled Cheese and I beleive that it will always be a part of me in some way, shape or form. I have decided that I am going to have my home base be Pastor Joe McGarry.com. It is my name, it is simple and I believe it gives me more flexiablity moving forward.
Continue Reading »
- I have mowed our lawn twice now (all 2 acres of it). Summer is pretty much here. There is nothing better than sitting on my deck with a cold beer and admire my accomplishment.
- I have a few new projects that I am working on. I am excited to share them, but I can’t really talk about them right now. I shall reveal some of them soon!!
- This past weekend my son received his first communion. I am so proud of him. This is one of my kids first real church milestone since I have been a pastor (they both were baptized before I was a pastor).
- I have a trial version of Hulu Plus. We are getting close to the summer which means we are going to suspend our cable for the summer. Our hope is to never turn it back on. If you are interested in Hulu Plus Click here and get two weeks for free.
- Jeremy Britt won the Biggest loser. On the season finale it always amazes me how good they all look. He looked great and I hope that he continues on his journey and does what he can to help people.
- We have had some great worship experiences at St. Mark’s recently. I will be posting about them on the St. Mark’s website very soon.
- I designed the picture for this post (and future Tuesday Thoughts post). I made it with photoshop – I really liked it and hope to learn more how to use photo shop and do more design work. Anyone have photoshop for dummies?
- I have been in lots of prayer and discernment about how involved or not involved I am going to be with some ministries. I know have I have committed to many things, especially in leadership of certain ministries. My priorities are changing and I ask for prayer ask I make some difficult decisions. In the future I want to be involved more with young adult ministries and I can’t do that plus what I am doing right now outside of ministry at St. Mark’s. I really want St. Mark’s to be the hub of young adult ministry for our conference. I am just asking if that’s what God wants too.
Continue Reading »
- As much as I LOVE the stories of Holy Week and the significance it has on my faith. Being a Pastor during Holy Week is TOUGH.
- We got a major upgrade in computers at the office. Two new desktops (main office and my office), a new monitor, and an iPad 2. Thank you to Best Buy for working with me to make this happen!
- Had my 50th training session at No Mercy Fitness. Since starting on this journey in October I have lost close to 30 pounds and several inches. It feels so good to have success, when for so long I have failed.
- I created my first Facebook ad. I made it for St. Mark’s for the Easter Season. It has been up for about 3 days. We have had about 20 hits so far. It leads people to this page. I am not sure how that compares but it is a good first try!
Continue Reading »