I would like to get on a more regular blogging schedule. I realize that doing that is a part of my ministry. One of the things I have been meaning to do is to participate in the Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals. Even though this is Saturday here is my Friday Five….
For this Friday’s Five, share with us five transformations that the coming fall will bring your way.
Bonus: Give us your favorite activity that is made possible by the arrival of fall.
1) Becoming recently ordained one of the transformations is my Pastoral Identity. I have recently come to a congregation in Upstate NY and I absolutely love it. However it is a new life for me. Not only am I learning about a new community, a new church, new friends, a new assembly. But I am learning how to be a solo Pastor. I am finding a balance between how things “have always been done” and moving the church forward into the community.
2) Another tranformation is for myself personally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. As I settle into a new role as pastor, new community, and a new chapter in my life. I am finding balance in these roles while I still develop my role as a father, husband and friend.
3) The third transformation is from becoming a student to a professional. I feel like I have been in school for the last 30 years in one way or another. That is in fact a reality. Now I am taking what I have learned for the last 30 years and I am going to apply it to my ministry for the next 30 + years. I can’t say that I am as enthusiastic as others in learning, but I do enjoy to learn. I don’t think that will ever end but I will be happy to not take another graduate course for a few years.
4) Living in a house will be the next tranformation. My family (wife and kids) have always lived in apartments. But not we are in a nice townhouse. We are renting (for now) and that is fine but we have space and we are going to be settled for awhile and that makes us happy. But it is something to get use too.
5) Getting rid of stuff will be the final transformation. We have tons of baby clothes for boys and girls that we are storing or getting rid of. I tend to be the one who wants to keep stuff while my wife is able to let things go. During this move I realized that I do not need to keep as much as I want to keep. So I am really going to work on getting rid of more stuff so the next move won’t be as painful.
BONUS: All I can say is that I know Fall is coming when the NFL preseason starts!! I LOVE football season.