One of the processes that I do every year is to evaluate the past. 2014 has been a big year for my family. We moved to a new state, I started a new call at a new church, my wife has gone back to school and we are becoming more and more settled in our new home. As I close out 2014 I am amazed at all that we have done.
Part of my evaluation is to look over my blog, I have redesigned and recommitted to the content in this space and I can’t wait to share more about some of my plans over the next year.
But here are my top 5 posts from this past year.
1. Announcing My New Call (January 24, 2014) – This is a copy of the letter I sent to the people of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Baldwinsville, NY. I informed them that I was leaving St. Mark’s to serve at a new church in Gardner, MA. This move has been one of the hardest things I have ever done but at the same time it has been great. I dearly miss the people at St. Mark’s but I am glad to be closer to friends and family in New England and to be making new friendships at Faith Lutheran Church.
2. Bible Study on Acts (May 3, 2012) – A few years ago I gathered some friends and we presented an online Bible Study based on the book of Acts. It was very popular and continues to be very popular.
3. iPhone Pinewood Derby Car (February 11, 2013) – Last year my son and I made an iPhone pinewood derby car. Not only did it look sleek but he was the fastest car in his den and one of the top in the whole pack! It was so much fun making it and I can’t wait to see what we do this year!
4. Falling Asleep in Church (June 1, 2012) – I don’t know what it means that one of the top posts for this year is about falling asleep in church. This was a part of the Acts Bible Study I did in 2012. If you go back and read it, you will read about a story in Acts when someone actually died after they fell asleep in church.
5. Goal Setting (December 30, 2013) – As you can most likely tell from a recent post, goal setting has been an important part of my year. It has been hard to solidify on too many goals since I moved and started at a new church. However, I think it is important and I think it will propel me into 2015. Over the next week Katie and I are going to sit down and talk through many of our goals. I am very excited.
While 2014 has been great I can’t wait for 2015, it’s going to be epic!!!
What are some of your highlights in 2014? What have been some of your challenges?