- I have mowed our lawn twice now (all 2 acres of it). Summer is pretty much here. There is nothing better than sitting on my deck with a cold beer and admire my accomplishment.
- I have a few new projects that I am working on. I am excited to share them, but I can’t really talk about them right now. I shall reveal some of them soon!!
- This past weekend my son received his first communion. I am so proud of him. This is one of my kids first real church milestone since I have been a pastor (they both were baptized before I was a pastor).
- I have a trial version of Hulu Plus. We are getting close to the summer which means we are going to suspend our cable for the summer. Our hope is to never turn it back on. If you are interested in Hulu Plus Click here and get two weeks for free.
- Jeremy Britt won the Biggest loser. On the season finale it always amazes me how good they all look. He looked great and I hope that he continues on his journey and does what he can to help people.
- We have had some great worship experiences at St. Mark’s recently. I will be posting about them on the St. Mark’s website very soon.
- I designed the picture for this post (and future Tuesday Thoughts post). I made it with photoshop – I really liked it and hope to learn more how to use photo shop and do more design work. Anyone have photoshop for dummies?
- I have been in lots of prayer and discernment about how involved or not involved I am going to be with some ministries. I know have I have committed to many things, especially in leadership of certain ministries. My priorities are changing and I ask for prayer ask I make some difficult decisions. In the future I want to be involved more with young adult ministries and I can’t do that plus what I am doing right now outside of ministry at St. Mark’s. I really want St. Mark’s to be the hub of young adult ministry for our conference. I am just asking if that’s what God wants too.
- I have a gallery open at instacanv.as. Check it out http://instacanv.as/joemcgarry
- RIP Junior Seau and MCA. I was so excited when Junior Seau joined the Patriots. He was such an amazing football player to watch. The Beastie Boys were a huge part of my life growing up. My friend Dave said it best when he wrote on his blog:
What struck me about the music? It’s hard to say. I wish I could listen again through 13-year old ears. I knew it was rap, but this wasn’t N.W.A. or Vanilla Ice. It grooved harder… the lyrics were distorted… there were electric guitars. Heck, there was even a punk track. There were also B-3 organs, reggae influences, and strange sounds I couldn’t identify… but they were interesting. ……..They were like a friend’s cool older brother, who had already scoured all the record stores in Brooklyn for the best 70’s funk and R&B, and then distilled it down into something a kid growing up in suburban Massachusetts in the early 90’s could understand.